A part of SAMHAA’s mandate is to raise awareness and inspire action around mental health in the South Asian community. A major tool to engage in this effort is electronic media, specifically videos. The Vancouver Fraserview Rotary Club has generously contributed to SAMHAA’s mission with a grant to develop a video-based mental health awareness campaign.
We will be creating videos in which professionals, community leaders, and families affected by mental illness will share information and insights. The video subjects will include general mental health, community mental health, depression, anxiety and substance abuse.
We are seeking your help in the following ways:
1) Donation of a venue (board room or office space) to conduct video recordings.
2) Mental health professionals and community leaders willing to speak on video.
3) Adults, parents, teachers, youth willing to speak on video about mental health (some conditions may apply).
4) Financial or in-kind donations of materials that may be necessary (please contact for details).
5) Volunteers willing to offer their time and expertise to help in the development and promotion of the videos (please inform us of your skills & interests).
If you are interested in being a part of this groundbreaking project, please send your name, phone number and personal introduction to email@example.com.
The project is taking place in Vancouver & Surrey, BC but there are many ways for individuals from anywhere to contribute.
Please share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. and kindly forward this info to anyone who may be interested.